A Taste of Sustainability: Cultural District
Pittsburgh's First sustainable-Focused Food Tour!
Home to world-class theaters, art museums and architecture steeped in history, Pittsburgh’s Cultural District has emerged as a destination that delights both locals and tourists alike. In partnership with the Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant* program, this guided walking tour will explore the sustainable side of this vibrant downtown neighborhood.
- Explore and learn the Cultural District’s historic treasures and sustainability practices with Food Guy Adventures’ owner, Cory Van Horn.
- Enjoy seasonal food and cocktail pairings at three of the area’s premiere sustainability focused establishments.
- Get a bird’s eye view of downtown and the Allegheny River while meeting the culinary team behind the David L. Lawrence Convention Center rooftop garden project.
- Meet Nine on Nine Executive Chef Lee Corbett and enjoy a sampling from his innovative menu in the restaurant’s private dining room.
- See which herbs and vegetables are ready-to-harvest with exclusive access to the Six Penn Kitchen rooftop garden.
- A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant programming to support future fun events.
*Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant is a program of Sustainable Pittsburgh.
When: Saturday Afternoon: June 17, July 15 or August 12
Start: 2:30 pm
Duration: 3 - 4 hours
Meet: David L. Lawrence Convention Center East Lobby (Google Map)
Walkability: Easy to Moderate
Tastings: 6 – 8 seasonal appetizer bites and season cocktail sips. Plus, a few surprise tastings along the way!
Price: $85 per person
Questions? Visit FAQ.